Speaking up for Norfolk and securing our economic infrastructure are at the heart of the County Council’s core role.
Current economic conditions mean that sustaining our local economy must be central to Norfolk County Council’s priorities and planning. To do this, we work in accordance with defined policies and strategies, such as Norfolk County Council’s Economic Growth Strategy. Which is based upon the East of England forecasting model baseline report; Norfolk County Council also work with its Partners, such as New Anglia, to deliver outcomes for the Norfolk economy.
- A programme to help those wishing to start their own business, run in conjunction with Norfolk’s district councils
- Working with local partners and UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) to increase business and jobs in Norfolk, especially in key sectors, such as energy, engineering and health and life sciences
- A range of student conventions, highlighting career opportunities in sectors such as construction, creative industries, energy, financial services and science
- ‘Meet the Buyer’ events for local firms to learn how to win more work from Norfolk County Council
- Establishing the Hethel Engineering and Innovation Enterprise Hub
- Securing and managing funds for Norfolk’s economic benefit